VASCULAR NEUROLOGY/ STROKE POSITION AT WAYNE STATE UNIVERSITY
We are seeking board certified/eligible Vascular Neurology faculty to join an expanding robust truly multidisciplinary Vascular Neurology team which includes:
- Stroke neurologists
- 3 Neurointensivists
- 2 cerebrovascular surgeons
- 1 neuropathologist
- 3 neuroradiologists
- 1 stroke rehabilitation specialists
- 2 endovascular specialists
The WSU Comprehensive Stroke Program is housed at the Detroit Medical Center, the largest hospital system in Detroit Metro. The Stroke program works closely with the neurocritical care team, neurosurgery and emergency medicine department with plenty of research opportunities. The program also offers accredited cerebrovascular fellowship.
- Participate in stroke and cerebrovascular diseases research opportunities including imaging and clinical trials.
- Participate in system wide stroke services program.
- Participate in educational programs of the Department of Neurology for medical students, residents and cerebrovascular fellows.
- Participate in conferences and seminars of the Department of Neurology.
- M.D. or D.O. degree required form an accredited medical school.
- Valid Michigan medical license.
- Completion of residency in Neurology.
- Additional training in non-invasive cerebrovascular studies.
- Completion of fellowship in cerebrovascular disease or equivalent experience.
- Rank commensurate with credentials.
- Board certified/board eligible in Neurology and Vascular Neurology
Aashit Shah, MD, FAAN, FANA
Professor and Interim Chairman,
Department of Neurology, WSU School of Medicine.
Specialist in Chief, Detroit Medical Center
phone: 313-745- 1540 or 313-745-4240