The AUPN, in conjunction with the NIH, ANA, AAN and CNS, organizes an annual meeting for medical students planning for combined careers in neuroscience as both clinicians and scientists. Most of our attendees, but not all, are MD/PhD candidates. This symposium provides timely information and advice about how to succeed as a clinician-scientist working in the neurosciences. The fourteen prior meetings have been judged very impactful by participants who felt better prepared for their challenging career path. We need your help to identify candidates for two categories of meeting 'faculty'.
- A speaker for 'How I Am Doing It' . A highlight of the meeting is a talk by a young clinician-scientist entitled "Combining Clinical and Research Careers: How I Am Doing It". Please provide suggestions, with the ideal speaker someone junior in status (advanced post-doc/fellow or instructor or newly appointed assistant professor), excited about their career as a neurologist/scientist and articulate.
- Other faculty participants to serve as “At Large” faculty. The impact of the meeting is greatly enhanced by conversations that take place at our communal meals and in small group discussions. Three or four 'at large’ faculty are invited annually who have similar characteristics to the 'How I Am Doing It' speaker described above. We would love your suggestions of residents, senior fellows or young faculty members who could participate in this capacity.
Of course, travel and lodging expenses will be covered for invited faculty.
Multiple nominations are encouraged! Please submit your nomination(s) here.
We look forward to receiving your suggestions by Saturday, March 17th
Allan I. Levey, MD, PhD
CCRC Course Director
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Stephen J. Korn, Ph.D.
CCRC Co-Course Director
Don't forget to renew your (institutional) 2018 AUPN membership!
1. Log in to your AUPN account at www.aupn.org and clicking on "Members Only Log In"
If you have forgotten your user name, please email email@example.com. If you have forgotten your password, please follow these instructions. Do not create a new profile
2. Hover over "Membership Information" (left hand menu)
3. Click on “Renew Your Membership"
4. Please verify your expiration date. If an institution who hasn’t paid dues for more than one year decides to re-join AUPN, they need to pay the current years dues only and all other previous year’s dues will be waived. If your expiration date is anything other than 12/31/17, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after paying your dues and they will adjust your expiration date.
If you wish to pay with a check or purchase order, simply print a copy of the invoice and return by mail to:
5841 Cedar Lake Road, Suite 204
Minneapolis, MN 55416
If you have questions, would like to pay over the phone, or require a personalized invoice, please contact the AUPN office by email (email@example.com) or phone (952-545-6724).
The following organizations are seeking to fill the following leadership position
Rush University Medical Center: Chief, Section of Neuromuscular Diseases
If you have a current job posting you would like listed on the AUPN website, please complete the Job Listing Form and submit it to the AUPN Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To View Current Job Postings, click here
If you have news that you want to share with members of the
Association for University Professors of Neurology, please send it to us at email@example.com
To opt out of AUPN emails, contact the AUPN Executive Office at firstname.lastname@example.org