Why join The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) Neurology Department?
UTMB is certified as a Comprehensive Stroke Center from DNV GL Healthcare. According to DNV GL, accredited stroke centers are typically the largest and best-equipped hospitals in a given geographical area that can treat any kind of stroke or stroke complication. UTMB also offers a new minimally invasive procedure to remove blood clots that has been shown to help patients better recover from a stroke. This procedure is currently only available in about half of the advanced stroke centers in the U.S. and UTMB is the only stoke facility in Galveston County that offers this procedure.
Vascular (Stroke) Neurologist - About the position
The Department of Neurology at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) is seeking a Vascular (Stoke) Neurologist at the Assistant or Associate Professor level to join our exciting and growing program that was established in 1973. This department has a long-standing history and tradition in the practice and advancement of Clinical Neurosciences by providing the most comprehensive care to patients with neurologic illnesses. Additionally, we have a highly regarded fully-accredited neurology residency training program and a robust laboratory research program that is focused on advancing our knowledge of neurodegenerative illnesses.
The successful candidate will conduct 26 weeks (M-F) of inpatient stroke services and up to 6 weeks of inpatient general neurology call. We offer an exceptional base salary, bonus incentive and a superior benefits/retirement program. Base salary is determined by Academic rank and experience.
The Greater Houston area and Galveston Island
- Many new and beautiful communities to choose from, just south ofHouston.
- You can live on historic Galveston Island or on the Mainland in such areas as; Friendswood, League City, Clear Lake, Lake Jackson or other nearby communities.
- Downtown Houston is a short 30 – 45 minute drive, with 2 majorairports.
- Island living is modern, safe and comfortable. Average home cost is less than $250,000 with numerousoptions.
- Great schools, excellent shopping, outdoor activities, sports and themeparks.
- The Gulf of Mexico offers; cruises, swimming, scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, sailing and so muchmore!
For more information about this position please submit a current and updated CV to, Skott Harrington at: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 214-392-3575
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/ expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.