McGovern Medical School at UTHealth Houston (https://med.uth.edu), Department of Neurology (https://med.uth.edu/neurology) and Texas Institute for Restorative Neurotechnologies is seeking a research scientist with neurogenetics expertise to join a reputable research program.
The prospective candidate would have the opportunity to participate in novel therapeutic intervention, engage in field-leading research, and receive support to develop grants and collaborate and submit research findings for publication to advance the scientific knowledge of others. Expertise/knowledge in Neurogenetics, Neurodevelopment Disorders, and Gene Discovery is most preferred.
The position is in the McGovern Medical school, the 6th largest medical school in the nation, a robust Neurology residency program (with a recent expansion to 10 positions a year), and a New Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) Epilepsy fellowship program (up to 6 fellows annually).
Position Key Accountabilities:
• Conducting independent and collaborative research, actively pursuing grants and sponsored contracts, participating in scholarly research, and publishing results
• Establish and build an institutional-wide neurogenetics program
• Supervising post-docs and graduate student research assistants in research and development activities
• Participating, developing, and expanding the scope of collaborative and funded-program portfolio
• Participating in the education mission by enhancing the curriculum for students, residents and fellows.
• Participating in Quality Assurance (QA) efforts, the department chair's annual faculty review (AFR), and other departmental meetings and/or retreats
• Coordinating with the Office of Development for philanthropic support
• Doctorate Degree (Ph.D.) with 4 years of experience in related research environment with verifiable publications
• History of extramural research funding
• Outstanding research, interpersonal and communication skills, coupled with excellent administrative and organizational abilities.
• Expertise in large-scale epilepsy genetics studies
• Background in genetic pathologies, gene sequencing, and neuroscience
Please visit the following link to apply: https://uth.referrals.selectminds.com/faculty (search 2300003V)
Associate Professor/Professor (Research Scientist), Texas Institute for Restorative Neurotechnologies (TIRN) - Neurology, McGovern Medical School
UTHealth is an EEO/AA employer. UTHealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics , disability, age, or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE/M/F/Disabled Vet.