The Department of Neurology at McGovern Medical School at UTHealth-Houston is seeking a neurologist to join our team as the Vice Chair of Clinical Operations and serve as a full-time Assistant/Associate Professor. This position will provide leadership and oversight of all clinical operations including the in-patient and out-patient service lines. This physician based position will be responsible for the oversight and management of the physician practice and will receive direct supervision and support from the Chair of Neurology. This will be a dynamic opportunity for an individual able to fully engage in effective clinic and clinical operations. Previous management and private practice clinic operation experience is preferred.
This position will require close interaction with clinic personnel and physicians and responsibilities will include:
- Provide direct leadership and management to clinical Faculty including setting productivity and quality goals, metrics and milestones.
- Monitor clinic utilization, schedules and services. Strategically plan and implement clinic expansion while maintaining cost effective services with high quality of service and elevated patient satisfaction.
- Ensure appropriate documentation and billing, as well as achieving productivity standards in the department to ensure efficiency and compliance with all coding and documentation requirements.
- Review performance of division chiefs and other key management staff, makes recommendations regarding individual goal setting and development opportunities. Measure progress against established goals and objectives.
- Leadership in development, implementation and promotion of Departmental clinical programs designed to deliver patient care that is safe, personal, coordinated and of the highest quality and value.
- Availability for frequent working meetings that will include counterparts from other Departments/Centers and representatives of the School of Medicine, the Hospital(s) and Practice Plan. The purpose of these meetings will be to set operational priorities, consider operational challenges, and develop and implement solutions.
- Collaboration with faculty within and across Departments/Centers and with the Hospital(s) to develop annual and long-term plans for improving health care quality, safety process improvement and value.
- Collaboration with other Departments/Centers and partner Hospital(s) to assure that clinical care and documentation meets regulatory requirements.
- Working with existing hospital or departmental infrastructure and support personnel, development and use of clinical guidelines/pathways/protocols, order sets and decision support tools. This may include development, refinement and integration of utilization and disease management programs that outline services and levels of care.
- Maintain a strong clinical presence with direct interaction with Physician, patients and staff.
- Maintain an active clinical practice
- Analyze costs and opportunities related to programs and associated practice locations.
- Provide clinical presence in relationships with healthcare systems and providers to assist operations in securing partnerships and care for more patients. Analyze and coordinate educational resources, utilizing relationships with healthcare systems to meet the identified market needs, enhancing clinical capabilities and increasing the ability to care for more patients.
- Responsible for achieving and maintaining mutually developed clinical operations goals and metrics.
- Illustrate principles and practice of quality improvement, patient safety, process improvement and cost-effectiveness in regular interdisciplinary, inter-professional clinical care conferences.
- Assist in development plans as needed.
- MD, DO, or MD/PhD
- Completed a Neurology Residency
- Board Certified/Eligible neurologist
- Licensed in TX or eligible for Texas Medical License
- Preferred: Masters of Business Administration and/or Leadership Training
Please visit the following link to apply:
For more information about this position, please contact:
Director, Management of Operations
UTHealth is an EOE/AA employer. UTHealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law or university policy. EOE/M/F/Disabled/Vet