Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of AUPN!
AUPN functions as an institutional-based membership catering to academic departments specializing in neurology. The Neurology Department Chair (or Divisions of Neurology) holds the AUPN membership for the Institution/Department and thus, is the billing contact for the department. Dues are paid on an annual basis at the beginning of each fiscal year by the Department Chair.
Criteria for Membership
- Must have a neurology division or department.
- Department/Division members must have academic appointments at an affiliated medical school, university, or other academic institution.
- Must be involved in teaching neurology to medical students, residents or fellows associated with an accredited medical school or university.
- Must have a residency program or be actively applying for one.
- Involvement in basic, clinical, or translational research is encouraged but not required.
NEW MEMBER DISCOUNT
AUPN is pleased to offer a one-time 50% dues discount for academic institutions who are not yet a member!
Military Institutions are exempt from the payment of dues and receive complimentary membership to AUPN. If you are you the Department Chair of an academic Military Institution and wish to have your institution become of member of AUPN, please email email@example.com
The Department Chair, Residency Program Director and Clerkship Director all have permanent member seats. Four additional seats can be filled at the Chair’s discretion from the below pre-approved list of leadership roles. This flexibility empowers the Chair to customize the membership to their department's specific needs and encourages greater inclusivity in leadership roles.
List of approved positions that can be part of AUPN Membership
- Department Chair (permanent seat)
- Residency Program Director (permanent seat)
- Clerkship Director (permanent seat)
- Associate Program Director
- Associate Clerkship Director
- Child Neurology Residency Program Director
- Research Program Director
- VA Chief
- Vice Chair
- Section Chief
- Fellowship Director
Chairs - to update your organization's existing profile, please follow these simple steps:
- Log into your account at www.aupn.org
- Click on "Org Profile" above the welcome banner
- Navigate to the "Individuals" tab
- Add or Remove individuals as needed:
To ADD: Click on the "Add New" button to include new roles in your profile
To REMOVE: Click on the red "x" next to the individual's user ID
- If you need to update someone's existing role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as they will need to make this update for you.