The G.V. (Sonny) Montgomery VA Medical Center in Jackson, MS is seeking a full-time Physician (Chief, Neurology).
Major duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Directs, manages, and coordinates the planning and implementation of VA Neurology care throughout the G.V. Sonny Montgomery VAMC catchment area, spanning Mississippi and parts of Louisiana and Alabama.
- Develops or directs the development of performance standards; evaluates the performance of key supervisors, and reviews the evaluations made by subordinate supervisors or other employees.
- Responsible for budget development and execution for VA Neurology Service.
- Exercises administrative, programmatic, clinical, and academic oversight of Neurology Care Service and programs to ensure delivery of quality services.
- Serves as the principal spokesperson and advocate for Neurology Service and programs within the VA Medical Center.
- Coordinates and integrates clinical and administrative aspects of the programs into a comprehensive package of services to meet the needs of the Veteran population.
- Directs patient care needs assessments; identifies gaps in services and supports program development to meet those needs.
- Serves as a member of key medical center managerial bodies.
- Within the local planning process, develops short- and long-range goals and objectives for provision of Neurology Service and programs.
- Ensures that there is compliance with all Joint Commission and other regulatory body functions and standards that are applicable to Neurology Service and programs (assessment of the patient; care of the patient; patient rights/organizational ethics, continuum of care; safety, etc.).
- Integrates the Neurology Service into primary functions of the organization.
- Oversees, develops, coordinates, and evaluates academic programs affiliated with Neurology Service and serves as liaison with the sponsoring institutions for such programs.
- Coordinates and integrates interdepartmental and intradepartmental services, establishing and maintaining professional relationships with other services and facility management which result in improved patient care.
- Participates in various facility programs designed to enhance and improve the delivery of patient care services, such as Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) teams.
- Develops program review and evaluation to ensure patient satisfaction dimensions of care and performance measures are achieved and that clinical quality of services and appropriate clinical resource/medication utilization are continuously evaluated and improved, as demonstrated by performance measures and wait times.
- Exhibits leadership in initiating changes in patient care programs based on current concepts and findings from research and studies. Keeps informed of developments in the management and treatment of diseases and illnesses through continuing medical education, both formal and informal.
- Recruits, trains, supervises, and retains the highest quality of Primary Care Service staff, and programs support staff, as appropriate. Responsible for the completion of all clinical, educational, and administrative duties and requirements.
- Continuously reviews the professional performance of all individuals with clinical privileges.
- Actively promotes and effectively manages a culturally diverse workforce which embraces the values and needs of all individuals; accomplished through long-term commitment, strategic and business planning, education, and experience which broadens the mindset and by fully managing human resources.
- Learns about, practices, and supports all existing safety practices relevant to this position, contributing to and keeping abreast of new safety practices as they are developed.
This position is posted on USAJobs website (https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/588187700) or you may reach out directly to Susan Roberts, MD (Susan.Roberts7@va.gov).