Carilion Clinic, along with the Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine (VTCSOM) and Virginia Tech Carilion Research Institute (VTCRI), seeks a highly regarded physician-scientist to lead the Section of Neurology into the next phase of academic and clinical development. Carilion Clinic, headquartered in Roanoke, Va., is the largest community-led integrated health system in western Virginia. Carilion serves one million people with seven hospitals and 680-plus physicians in over 70-plus specialties. Practice and research highlights include:
- Oversee the continued maturation of the neurology program through faculty development and recruitment, improve access, and extend the scope of services
- Lead a team of eight neurologists while collaborating with nine neurosurgeons
- ACGME Neurology Residency
- Develop research programs with VTCSOM and VTCRI, with a cadre of NIH funded scientists
- VTCRI has state-of-the-art facilities in functional brain imaging, multiple research dedicated to MRIs, molecular biology cores, high-field cryo-electron microscopy, electrophysiology, computational and high- capacity data analysis/storage, human cognitive/behavioral assessment facilities and a vivarium
- Start-up packages, laboratory facilities and support are highly competitive
Roanoke is one of the best kept secrets as quality of life in the Blue Ridge Mountains is high and the cost of living is low. The area offers a four season playground for mountain and lake recreation, as well as a rich array of arts, humanities and cultural experiences.
Preferred candidates will be M.D /Ph.D. with Board Certification in neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, and have a track record of high-impact research productivity and ongoing research grant funding.
Please forward curriculum vitae with cover letter to Thomas M. Kerkering, M.D., Carilion Clinic, at email@example.com