It is time to renew your (institutional) AUPN membership for 2020!
It's that time of year where we ask for your continued support of AUPN by renewing your membership for 2020.
We are pleased to inform you that the price of dues will remain same rate it has been for the past 8 years ($950). The Department Chair, Residency Program Director; Clerkship Director; Child Neurology Residency Program Director; Research Program Director, and VA Director are included with the AUPN membership and receive member benefits.
AUPN In 2019
In 2019, AUPN went through its first ever strategic planning process, designed to guide and support AUPN’s role of fostering the development of academic neurology’s educational, research and patient care programs. This plan has refined AUPN’s Mission and Vision to guide AUPN’s future direction and activities as well as for the near term, laying out more specifically three overarching goals and specific objectives which have been prioritized for the next three years, which have been identified as essential core activities for AUPN.
Guided by the Strategic Plan, our efforts will focus on:
- Foster the development of academic neurology’s educational, research and patient care programs
- Support Chairs through educational offerings geared toward the leaders in academic neurology
- Serve as a forum for the Chairs of Neurology to discuss academic interests and challenge
Looking Forward to 2020
In an effort to bring additional value to our members, below please find the AUPN strategic initiatives for 2020.
1. Enhance AUPN educational programming
2. Enhance the weekly Saturday email by adding recommended readings
3. Develop a resource of tips and tricks for becoming a Chair
4. Establish an Online Engagement Committee to strengthen the academic Neurology community by facilitating social media discussions and creating online resources to increase member engagement.
5. Establish a Branding Task Force to enhance the AUPN brand and increase brand awareness.
AUPN provides several benefits to its members that are in line with our mission and vision.
For Neurology Chairs we provide:
1. An opportunity to volunteer to represent academic departments to other organizations. We currently have representation in the following:
- AAMC Council of Faculty and Academic Societies (CFAS)
- AAN Graduate Education Subcommittee (GES)
- AAN Undergraduate Education Subcommittee (UES)
- ANA Professional Development Committee
- ABPN Faculty Innovation and Education Awards Committee
- ABPN Research Award Committee
- UCNS Certification Council
- UCNS Accreditation Council
In addition we have members who serve on the Board of Directors for the AAN, ABC, ABPN, ANA and UCNS.
2. An opportunity to have your opinion registered. As the need arises, the AUPN Council asks for your input on matters such as but not limited to: supporting other societies requests for support for certification & accreditation and AUPN leadership representation.
3. A means to communicate with fellow chairs through the new Chairs Discussion Forum.This new forum has proved valuable to chairs participating in the conversation as well as those just following along.
4. An opportunity to meet in person with fellow chairs at the annual meetings of the AAN and the ANA. Click here to view past AUPN spring and fall programming.
5. A opportunity to network and lean by attending the New Chairs Mentoring Lunch. Held during the AAN, senior mentor Chairs (3+ years experience) meet with new Chairs (0-3 years experience) to advise and help with the transition into their new role.
6. The regular Saturday email that keeps members up to date on transitions in Chairs of Neurology, and other items of interest to the AUPN community.
7. Neurology Chairs have the ability to post open job positions on the AUPN website free of charge. These positions are maintained on the AUPN website for three months to allow time to find that ideal candidate. In 2019, over 40 jobs were listed on the AUPN Jobs Board!
8. As a Chair, you can use your login to access our Member Directory. Connect with other Chairs, Program Directors, Clerkship Directors, Child Directors, Research Directors, and VA Directors from across the country.
For Neurology Clerkship and Program Directors we provide:
1. A quality educational program for Clerkship and Program Directors at the AAN meeting each Spring. This program rotates between Clerkship and Program Directors each year.
2. New in 2020, AUPN will offer a Department Chair and Program Director's Forum, held at the AAN. This forum will provide an interactive discussion of topics which are relevant to Neurology education and training.
Renewing your institutional (departmental) membership is quick and simple!
1. Go to www.aupn.org and click on Pay Dues at the top of the page
2. Log into your account
If you have forgotten your user name, please email email@example.com. If you have forgotten your password, please reset it. Do not create a new profile.
TIP: Most individual's username is their email address.
3. Follow the directions to pay dues
If you wish to pay with a check, simply print a copy of the invoice and return by mail. AUPN does not accept ACH payments. Access our 2019 W-9.
We also ask that you please complete the 2019 Institutional Profile form if you haven't yet.
If you have questions or require a more detailed or personalized invoice, please contact the AUPN office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your continued support of AUPN! I look forward to our continued partnership in the coming year.
Robin Brey, MD
AUPN Mission: To advance and strengthen the academic Neurology community through education, mentorship and the sharing of best practices among leaders in academic neurology.
AUPN Vision: To shape the future of neurology as the voice of its academic leaders.
Opt out of AUPN emails