McGovern Medical School at UTHealth Houston (https://med.uth.edu/), Department of Neurology (https://med.uth.edu/neurology/), is seeking an experienced clinical neuropsychologist at the Associate Professor or Professor level, Non-tenure track. The candidate will join a busy and growing subspecialty practice, and be part of a dynamic department with all neurologic subspecialties represented. We offer an academic environment with ample opportunities for teaching medical and graduate students, residents, and fellows and engagement in research activities. The position is affiliated with the McGovern Medical School, the 6th largest medical school in the nation, a robust Neurology residency program and a Neuropsychology Fellowship program.
Position Key Accountabilities:
The primary responsibilities of the successful candidate will include the following:
- Clinical responsibilities of up to five days of clinic a week, with clinic duties varying depending upon funding support from research grants and other sources.
- Provision of Neuropsychological evaluation services to a socioeconomically, racially/ethnically, and culturally diverse adult population with varied neurological disorders and related diseases as well as functional decline secondary to somatic and related symptoms.
- Serve patients at UT Physicians, as well as Harris Health System, a community-focused academic healthcare system.
- Effective communication of neuropsychological evaluation results to patients and referring providers.
- Assessment of monolingual, non-English speaking patients and patients with limited English proficiency utilizing interpreter services.
- Teaching, training, and/or supervision of graduate and medical students, medical residents, and medical and clinical neuropsychology fellows.
- Involvement in collaborative and/or self-initiated research to support departmental commitment to scholarly activity.
- Maintenance of timely documentation of all services provided, and timely performance of charge capture procedures for all reimbursable services.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and communication skills.
- Work well on collaborative teams.
- Candidates must be a graduate of an APA-approved doctoral-level psychology program (Ph.D./PsyD)
- Completed an APA-approved pre-doctoral internship in psychology,
- Two years of relevant post-doctoral experience in Clinical Neuropsychology
- Bilingual applicants with Professional and/or Native proficiency in Spanish are strongly encouraged to apply
- Licensure as a Psychologist in the State of Texas (or eligible to be licensed)
- Board certification in Clinical Neuropsychology by date of hire or must complete the board certification process through the American Board of Clinical Neuropsychology within five years of hire.
Please visit the following link to apply: https://uth.referrals.selectminds.com/faculty (search 230001Y0)
UTHealth is an EEO/AA employer. UTHealth does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics , disability, age, or any other basis prohibited by law. EOE/M/F/Disabled Vet.