University of Texas Medical Branch: Movement Disorder Neurology Faculty
Why join The University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB)?
The Department of Neurology at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) was established in 1973. It has a long-standing history and tradition in the practice and advancement of Clinical Neurosciences by providing the most comprehensive care to patients with neurologic illnesses from Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias, epilepsy, neuromuscular disorders, brain tumors, Parkinson’s Disease and other movement disorders, multiple sclerosis and other autoimmune disorders, stroke as well as other acute neurologic injuries. The department also has a robust laboratory research program that is particularly focused at advancing our knowledge of neurodegenerative disorders. In addition, UTMB has a highly regarded fully-accredited neurology residency training program that has successfully served to advance the career trajectories of our graduates.
General Neurologist / Movement Disorders - About the position
The Department of Neurology at the University of Texas Medical Branch (UTMB) is seeking a General Neurologist at the Assistant Professor level who has been Fellowship trained in Movement Disorders to join our exciting and growing program. The ideal candidate should have demonstrated superior skills in multiple aspects of general neurology, have established or seek to establish an active clinical practice, be involved in the instruction of residents and medical students and be interested in participating in clinical studies.
We offer an exceptional base salary, bonus incentive and a superior benefits/retirement program. Base salary is determined by Academic rank and experience.
Greater Houston and Galveston Island
- Many new and beautiful communities to choose from, just south of Houston
- You can live on historic Galveston Island or on the Mainland in such areas as; Friendswood, League City, Clear Lake, Lake Jackson or other nearby communities.
- Downtown Houston is a short 30 – 45 minute drive, with 2 major airports.
- Island living is modern, safe and comfortable. Average home cost is less than $220,000 with numerous options.
- Great schools, excellent shopping, outdoor activities, sports and theme parks.
- The Gulf of Mexico offers; cruises, swimming, scuba diving, snorkeling, boating, sailing and so much more!
For more information about this position please submit a current Cover Letter and CV to: Skott Harrington at: email@example.com or call 214-392-3575
UTMB Health strives to provide equal opportunity employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/ expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by institutional policy or by federal, state or local laws unless such distinction is required by law.